Since 2009, The Skills, Talents, Action, Results, and Success Youth Enrichment Program (S.T.A.R.S. YEP) has teamed up with athletes, coaches, and business leaders to mentor young people between the ages of 8-15 throughout the United States.
Our Program’s Mission:
To deliver an epic, fun, and inspiring camp experience to the world’s youth while advancing sport, education, and life values for our camper.
To identify and foster strong sponsor, partner, and community relationships.
Our Program’s Vision:
To facilitate The S.T.A.R.S. Youth Enrichment Program Inc in all U.S. states and territories as well as every continent.
- Our Program’s Values:
- Promote strong life values.
- Promote strong educational core values.
- Respect other’s differences.
- Pay it forward.
- Grow a sense of community and stewardship.
The primary goals of S.T.A.R.S. YEP is to provide our primary audience with the following:
- A safe and fun environment in which to learn and participate in sport.
- Two nutritional and well-balanced meals and multiple healthy snacking experiences throughout the camp day.
- Expose our audience to successful individuals from all walks of life throughout the camp day.
- A unique program that supports underserved communities.
Throughout the day, The S.T.A.R.S. YEP promotes the facilitation of academic, social, physical, and cultural programs and life skills training.
The program was established in Louisville, Kentucky, in 2009 at the Chestnut Street YMCA (a historically African American YMCA located in Louisville, KY). The following cities have hosted camps since its inception:
- Louisville, KY
- Sacramento, CA
- Dayton, OH
- Nashville, TN
- Fairbanks, AK